Saturday, November 20, 2010

Research

























My original idea to edit my raw footage together into a video, while also adding old black & white images, using adobe premier didn't quite work out as the program couldn't recognise certain video file formats. Therefore I decided to create an innovative magazine spread comprised of the main story in a reporter written type style with the addition of related old black and white imagery from the time frame of the story. Above are a number of current magazine spreads that I quite liked, took ideas from and also thought were relevant to my kind of story.

I wanted the fonts I was using throughout to effectively fit the mood, feeling and time frame of the piece so I did some research into fonts. I found some great old scripty fonts as well as old newspaper and typewriter type fonts. Some of my experiments with these fonts, in order to create the title for the editorial, can be seen to the left. I also located some modern fonts which I saved for use in further projects.

Further research into typography from the era of the story lead me to an old Derry & Antrim yearbook where I found the following advertisements and layouts.




















No comments:

Post a Comment